Sunday, May 11, 2008

weekend update

Not really much exciting here. I had a pretty quiet and uneventful weekend, which is just fine with me. Yesterday Daniel's mother and her boyfriend came into town. His mother's boyfriend has a brother who lives around here, so they spent some time with him before coming to see us. They came around dinnertime and we headed out to the beach front area. We ate dinner, walked on the beach, and then stopped at another place and enjoyed gigantic margaritas. I always like when visitors come because it gives you an excuse to go to the touristy areas that we don't normally hit a lot.

Today we slept in a little and then spent the rest of the morning relaxing. Me reading a book and Daniel playing his new xbox game. Then this afternoon we had our weekly Hooters wings/beer fix before we went to see Ironman. The movie was great, but it was a long time to sit in a seat. It didn't help that the movie started over 40 minutes late.

Now I'm getting ready to finish the book I've been reading. I won't rest until I finish it. Since the time I picked it up last weekend I added two new books to my collection. Both the new Sookie Stackhouse book and the new Stephenie Myers book came out last week. Combined with the book I'm finishing up, that's a good 1100 pages to go before I'm satisfied. And let's face it, I'm not the world's fastest reader.

No comments: