Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I love Florida

Today I had a cool experience that you can pretty much only get in Florida (unless you leave the country). For lunch today I decided to grab something from the cafe at work and take it down to a park by the river. As I sat there reading and eating, I heard this weird sound coming from the river. I looked up in time to see a herd of manatees coming up for a breath of air. I was so excited, this was my fist manatee sighting ever! I wanted to jump up and down shouting, "look everybody, manatees!" But seeing as the only person near me was a homeless guy sleeping on a bench, I had to settle for text messaging my friend Kolene. It was so cool though!

1 comment:

QueSarah said...

Aww :-) Aren't they awesome! I love manatees!! It's super cool to experience them first hand.