Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New TV shows

Recently I've gotten into a couple new TV shows. They are actually a little on the morbid side, but what can I say?

The First 48 - Basically, the show is about homicide detectives solving murder cases. The show is entirely real and filmed as the case unfolds, although I'm sure the dramatic music is dubbed in during editing. The title refers to the fact that homicide investigators have a 48 hour window in order to solve a murder case. Once the 48 hours are up, the probability of ever solving the case is drastically reduced. I don't know why I like this show so much, but it is pretty cool to see how these people work.

Lockup Raw - This is about prison life. There's not much more to the show than that. It's like a bad car accident. You really can't stop watching it. Why do I like this show? I have no clue.

Avatar : The Last Airbender - Yes, this is a cartoon, and yes it is in anime style. I totally blame Daniel for this one.

I wonder what the end of the writer's strike will mean for TV? Now that they have writers again, I wonder if A&E will be filling up 3 entire evenings with The First 48 back to back to back.

No comments: