Monday, April 28, 2008

Boys are cute

The other day Daniel told me that he was going to go grocery shopping. I just happened to see his little shopping list laying next to his wallet. Here's what it said:

Ice cream
Beer
Lunch Meat
Cereal
Chips & Dip


I'm glad to see we got all the bases covered :)

On the flip side, last night he told me that he wants to start getting in better shape again. So we declared the following rules:

  • No more ice cream (more his vice than mine)
  • No more beer at home, just when we go out 
  • We'd keep going out to a minimum. Me with my girls on Thurs. and he and Nelson will keep their weekly Man-Date on Thurs. 
  • Chicken wings only once a week - that would be on Saturday for our weekly Hooters excursion...  Yes, we go to Hooters on a weekly basis. 
  • No more sugary cereal (again, more of his vice than mine)
  • We're going to get fruit to eat for snacks
  • No more pizza, except once in a while is ok....  Thank God, I was getting sick of pizza
  • No more eating out for lunch, we're going to pack sandwiches and fruit instead.  
  • And we are going to exercise.  Instead of our weekly ritual of "Tuesdays with Maury (Povich that is), we are going to get up early and jog on A1A by the beach.  Or in my case probably crawl.  And I was also going to actually use my gym membership.  
Hahaha.. wish us luck

2 comments:

Meg said...

So chips and dip are still okay? Phew!

And good luck! I've been mostly on the no alcohol except going out thing since January, but I think I need to get off my butt from time to time too. Alas.

Chad said...

so, yeah, it's like, it don't care.
i'm drinkin'.
not smokin'.
eatin' what I want.
just started workin' out.
lost 30 pounds.
it's me.
just me.
bwah HAH HAH!!