Tuesday, April 29, 2008

continuing headaches and more ranting

Comcast is by far the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Now I'm having billing issues.

Here's the scenario. I received a bill on April 9th. Payed it online in full on April 12. Today I wake up and my Internet is out once again, and the TV is working just fine. I call and get immediately bounced to a message saying my service is past due. ?!?!?!?!?!?

My next bill comes out on May 9th. So if I payed the complete balance that was on the last bill that I received, I should be up to date. Correct? Not according to Comcast. They say that I have a past due balance that equals 2 months of service. I asked the lady how that could be if I payed the full amount and she says that I actually payed a past due amount from January and February. ?!?!?!?!? I looked at my old copies of my bills and they indicate that up to the bill that was posted on March 9th, my account was up to date. So if I payed the full amount on the April bill, and the May bill comes out on the 9th, then how can I still owe for 2 months? The lady said that she couldn't answer that questions because she just works in the payment department and that I would have to call the billing department. So I call the number that she gave me, and it bounces me back into the same loop telling my that I am past due and takes me directly to the payment department.

First, I have Internet connectivity issues for at least a good 2-3 months, and now they are trying to double charge me. I get bounced around the stupid automated phone system over and over just to reach people who can't answer my questions. And on top of that, I never got the discount that was promised to me for 2 days where I had no TV or internet service at all.

I got a quote from Direct TV today. For high speed internet and 120 channels it will cost me $15.00 more a month? Is it worth it? Any input from Direct TV users? How's the satellite internet service there?

1 comment:

Chad said...

Gots me rabbit ears and a DSL modem...

Of course, one of the women I work with has a teenaged son who didn't know what rabbit ears were.

Whatevah.