Sunday, January 07, 2007

#1 - Reading 2007

First of all, I have decided to try and keep track of how many books I read this year. My goal will be 50. I got the idea from a group in livejournal. I think I may end up being shocked at how little I actually read. I would read 1000 books a year if I could, but I just can't find the time!

So here is #1
Gregor the Overlander - by Suzanne Collins
Children's book

Gregor is babysitting his two year old sister, Boots, when they fall into a mysterious underground world. There they meet strange people, and gigantic talking rats, cockroaches, and spiders. While trying to get back to their world above the ground, they become the catalyst of a gigantic war between the different creatures.

The story is fast-paced, action filled, and a good basic sci-fi/fantasy. It's ending obviously points towards sequels, so anyone craving more is sure to get their fill.

Progress on goal:
1/50

Total pages read:
320

No comments: