Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bad day

Yesterday wasn't so hot. First I locked myself out of my apartment. I fortunately had a neighbor who was able to help me break in to my place and retrieve my keys. Then moments after grabbing my keys, I got into my car ready to go. Unfortunately the car wasn't so ready to go. I tried to start it and got nothing but a bunch of clicks. So I called on my neighbor once again. We looked at the engine and scratched our heads for about 10 minutes before he decided to try giving the battery a jump. The old girl got started right away. After talking to him for a moment, I realized that this was the original battery... about 6 1/2 years old! So I went to buy a new battery.

While I was getting the battery changed, the guy called me over to my car to show me something in the engine. He informed me that the serpentine belt is on it's way out and I should replace it very soon... not cheap, and I trust him. The place that I took the car to doesn't do that type of repair and he didn't slip me a referral to his buddy's shop or anything, so I don't think he's trying to take me for the money. On my next day off I'm taking my car to the dealer to get an oil change. I'll ask them to poke around to see if there is anything I need to have done and see if they give me the same verdict.

Great. But I don't think this is an indication of how this whole year will go, it was just a bad day.

No comments: