Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's been a while...

But I'm back. Many different factors including the dreaded illness, weekend trips out of town, and an inventory have kept me away from the computer, but I really don't want to go in depth with them right now.

Just because I haven't been writing, doesn't mean interesting things haven't happened. So here's a couple of stories that may have warranted their own blog entries.


#1 My Two Year Anniversary-

So last weekend was my 2 year anniversary of moving to south Florida. I decided to go out and celebrate it a little bit. I wanted to spend a little time by myself at a place where I could enjoy the ocean view, think a little bit, and sip a couple of beers. I chose a quiet little Irish pub on A1A called McSorrley's. After about one beer I decided that I needed to use the restroom. I went into the stall and was minding my business when I feel something on my leg. I look down to find a big old palmetto bug running up my leg! To you non-southern people, a palmetto bug is a gigantic cockroach. So that huge freaking bug run up my leg, through my shorts, and ended up on my thigh. I screamed (of course) and flung that thing across the room where it commenced to running around in circles. I somehow managed to run out of the restroom stall dressed, with out peeing on myself. Now for some reason I am more scared of bathroom germs than huge bugs, so I couldn't bring myself to run out of the bathroom without washing my hands. As I'm doing so I'm whimpering and stomping my feet. Mind you the bug is still running around in circles looking for a place to hide. As soon as I finish washing my hands I run out of the bathroom half screaming and half laughing. The people in the bar thought I was crazy until I explained what happened. Once I got the story out, a couple of them bought me a beer. They really believed me when the same roach came after another girl a little while later. He's now in roach heaven thanks to her boyfriend's shoe.

#2 The Vine
The other morning I woke up and started getting ready for work. I got out of the shower, dried off, and was walking from the bathroom to my bedroom when I saw it. There was a huge vine growing into my bedroom through one of my windows. I swear it wasn't there before. That vine was about 2 feet long. When did that get there? The only thing that I can think of is that the vine only started to grow into my window... I think it was possibly pulled the rest of the way. At least that's what the little kitty teeth marks lead me to believe. Either way, I think this might be a good sign that my landlord needs to cut back the Air Potatoes. It's not quite Kudzu, but it's pretty close.

#3 The Pirate
Last night, by the time I got out of work and worked out, I really didn't feel like cooking. So I took a trip to Flanigans. What can I say? I just got done working out, I needed some wings. Anyway... As I'm sitting there enjoying my wings, some of the people at the bar strike up a conversation. One of the people is this older guy sitting across the bar. Next thing you know, he starts telling all these jokes. At the end of each punchline, he opens up his mouth really big and in a loud booming voice, growls like a pirate! "ARRRRRRRGGGG!" You know that made my day. The guy next to me is cracking up and almost yelling, "Dude! He's a pirate!" Between the two of them I was highly amused. Glad I decided to eat at Flanigans. It's always an interesting experience there.

No comments: