Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yeah, right.

Even though I moved down to South Florida 2 years ago, I still have kept my Michigan cell phone number. Yesterday when I was getting ready to leave work. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a missed call. The number was 616-458-4444, definitely a Grand Rapids number but not one I recognized. The voice mail went something like this...

"Hi Becky, this is Lyndsie and I'm calling in regards to a prize that you've won through the win a cash prize drawing that you entered. I do have a prize here waiting for you so if you would just call 616-458-8122 and ask for Lyndsie you can claim your prize."

I googled the number and it came back to 2 businesses. One was called The Electric Company, and the other was Lewis Marketing. I'm guessing it's the the marketing. Either a company I've done business with in the past sold their database, or someone entered my name into a drawing for a joke. I wouldn't put that past some of my GR friends either, since that sounds like something I would do :)

I'm thinking about calling Lyndsie back to mess with her.

3 comments:

Andre said...

Did you call the numbers back? I have also received a call from 458-8122.

EllaRose said...

i got a call today from 458-8122 also saying the same thing, and i googled "win a cash prize drawing" and found this site and now i see that the same thing happened to you...i really want to know if this is real. i tried calling back but lindsey wasn't in so i am going to try again tomorrow. we'll see!!

knitting pirate librarian said...

I never did call this number back. I figured they were going to try to sell me something. I really wanted to play a joke on them because I bet they think I live in Michigan. I just never got around to it. I'm hoping they call me back some day.