Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'm back!

I just returned a few days ago from a vacation of sorts and spent a couple of days recovering. My vacation actually consisted of going home to see my family, attend a family reunion, and clean my remaining possessions out of my parent's house.

It was tiring, but a lot of fun. It was especially good to spend time with my little niece. She is something else! She's a super cute, super smart, super funny, and quite the sassy little 2-year-old. And there is no doubt that she is my sister's child :) There's far too many cute stories to try to put them all on the computer, but I think my favorite one is a conversation we had while we were in the Bi-berry (aka library).

Me: Keira, here's a couple of special books. This is "The Grandma Book", and this is "The Grandpa Book." Since we are going to see Grandma and Grandpa, I thought you would like to have a couple of special books to read with them. What do you think?

Keira: I go see Gamma and Gampa today?

Me: Yup. We're going to go to a big park, and Grandma and Grandpa are going to be there.

Keira: Is Aunt Becky going to go to the park today with Gamma and Gampa?

Me: Yup, I'll be there too. In fact, I'm going to ride in the car with you and mommy to go see Grandma and Grandpa.

Keira: Oh... *sigh* Today is a happy day for me!

Me: Awwww :) Today is happy day for me too! (as a little tear wells up in my eye).

Dang she's a cute kid! If I can figure out how to get the pictures from my new phone to the computer (not as easy as my old phone apparently), I have some cute pictures to share.

2 comments:

vagabond bettie said...

hey girl! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm gonna give it a try. I enjoyed reading the story about you and your niece. Write more of them down. It'll make you smile in the future (especially when she gets in trouble as a teenager!).

heyfatlulu said...

Welcome back! What Carol said, write the stories down, you'll be happy you did.
I thought of you the other night; out eating Mexican food at a new restaurant near me (very tasty food), I overheard a guy saying "this was okay, but I prefer Azteca". Isn't that the place that you got a burrito with a screw in it?? Anyhow, his comment made me giggle.