Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ain't technology great?

After a weekend like this, I want to dump all on my technological toys and go live in a cave. It started out with my computer on Friday. I'll keep a really long story short and just say that there is some really bad adware/spyware out there. I'm pretty good at running antivirus and adware programs, but there is so much crap out there. Just do yourself a favor and make sure you have some really good anti spyware/adware programs and run them often... and make sure you update your definitions frequently. I run two different adware programs and this particular bug that got me literally wormed it's way on and opened up a floodgate. And it has ways of hiding little bits and pieces throughout your system that will automatically reinstall the program every time you delete it. So you have to go through and find the little bits and pieces and delete them manually. I'm proud that I managed to do it and not delete something important.

I'm really tempted to toss this blasted computer and get a Mac.

My other little technological mishap had to do with a cell phone. Basically it's taking a really long cab ride right now. So I got to go buy a new cell phone today! YAY! Just what I wanted to spend my money on. But I do have a nice new phone, and it's a cool little toy. No need to buy that iPod I've been wanting, because this phone is pretty fancy!

The downfall is that I was pretty stupid and didn't back up any of the phone numbers off my old phone. So now I have a nice new phone and I don't have any numbers to call. But at least I have a cool phone!

No comments: