Monday, June 16, 2008

bowl o' legs

Last weekend Daniel and I went out for a special dinner to celebrate the end of his quarter at school. They put the winter and spring quarters back-to-back, so he's essentially been going to school without a break since the beginning of the year.

We decided to go to the Rustic Inn Seafood restaurant. It's a crab joint where they serve the crabs in large bowls on a table covered in newspaper. Proper attire is required (bibs), and the only real silverware were got were wooden mallets. It was great. Daniel and I got their "World famous" Golden Crab clusters cooked in garlic butter. When they came out to the table I realized that I had ordered a bowl full of legs for dinner. Half of me was a little horrified, but the other half thought it was hilarious. I got over it quickly though, and dug in.

When the restaurant says that it's rustic, they aren't kidding. This is no classy joint. They don't even bother pumping in music, because the sounds of pounding mallets would drown it out anyways. It was fun to see everybody beating the crap out of their food before they ate it. I especially got a big kick out of seeing out waiter tie a bib on Daniel.



And boy oh boy were those legs good!

1 comment:

Chad said...

I feel obligated to try for something dirty, but I am at a loss...