Thursday, June 19, 2008

You should get one too

One of the best purchases I have ever made was my HEPA air filter. I originally bought it when Daniel and I first started dating so that he could come over with out having a major allergy attack. Prior to the air filter he could only stand it in my house for maybe a half hour before the allergies would make him completely miserable. He would start sneezing his brains out to to the point where he would get a bloody nose, his eyes would get red and puffy, runny nose, and the whole nine yards. Once I got the air filter, it was an immediate improvement. He still has have random sneezing fits, but that could be any number of things, mostly out of my control.

In order to extend the life of the filters, as well as keep the performance up, I regularly vacuum off the surface of the carbon filters and air intake. I can't believe how much junk comes off there! That's the point when I realized that even if I didn't have allergy attacks, I was still breathing in that stuff. And even though I don't have the major symptoms that Daniel did, I still feel like it has made an improvement. I don't wake up quite as stuffy as I used too.

They funniest part of having the air filter in the house is Milo's reaction to it. It's almost like he knows that it has something to do with him. He frequently comes up to it and sniffs it, and check it out. He will also jump up and sit on top of it. It's pretty humorous because the fan blows the air out of the top. He just sits there for a bit with a puzzled look on his face. I don't know why he likes sitting there, unless he likes a healthy breeze on his privates.

No comments: