Sunday, July 01, 2007

Big news on the home front

I don't know how I'm really going to take this one.. I just got a call from my parents last week. They told me that they had some big news. To make a long story short, they bought a new house and put the home that I was born and raised in on the market. In some ways I want to be nostalgic for the house, but in other ways I'm really happy for them. It's going to be a good thing, but it's a little sad at the same time. When I go home to visit in August, this will be the last time that I set foot in my childhood home. There's other things that will change as well. Now when I go home to visit my parents, I will be nowhere close to my GR or the Bucktown (the city I grew up near). If I want to visit these places, I will specifically have to buy a plane ticket to get there. None of these combining trips that I've been doing.

No comments: