Monday, September 03, 2007

Bye bye long weekend :(

This was one of the best weekends ever!

Friday evening I headed off to Tampa with Lyn. We had an absolute blast, despite the fact that it seemed like anything and everything that could have gone wrong did. It was just proof to me that good company can overcome bad weather any other obstacles that can come up. The army boys that we stayed with turned out to be the most wonderful hosts. They were the sweetest, most respectful, and genuinely kind guys I have ever met. I met quite a few people this weekend, and I just have to say that we have some amazing people watching over this country. Unfortunately a few of the guys that I met are being sent over to Iraq in the next few weeks. I'm hoping they stay safe and will be able to come home the same people that they are now.

Anyway... Yesterday I came back from Tampa and then ended up hanging out with Nancy and co. that evening. We had pizza and mojitos on the beach from Primanti Brothers. Then we went to the Parrot and enjoyed some cheap beer and people watching.

This afternoon I was invited to Jenny and Nancy's house for a BBQ. If you have never been to a BBQ hosted by a latino family, I would highly suggest it. The food is amazing, and there is a TON of it. And Latin American mothers LOVE to feed you. Literally. If you turn your head for one second, your plate will be full by the time you turn around again. When they decide you need to eat more, it is not a question or a request.

Tonight was Knit Night with the Betties at the Falcon Pub. Since I didn't need any more food, I opted to just have some Strongbow. Torii surprised me with a cute little pirate magnet and some little pirate decorations that can serve various purposes from buttons, to doll props, to cake decorations. This night was another case of being blessed with good company.

Too bad the weekend has to end.

2 comments:

vagabond bettie said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Sorry I missed the Falcon pub, but I'm coming back at the end of the month for a couple of weeks and I hope we can make another Bettie visit there. I have a phone interview with a company in Boca on Thursday.

knitting pirate librarian said...

YAY!!! Cheryl's going to visit!!!!!