Thursday, September 13, 2007

Question...

Does this "no wearing of white after Labor Day" rule really apply to us in South Florida? I mean, it's still summer here. We're still in the 90's every day. We'll still be having summer like weather until around December. So why can't I wear lighter clothing so I don't sweat my ass off? I don't know about everyone else down here, but I'm nowhere near wanting to break out the fall wardrobe. In fact, I don't think we even have fall here. I've only noticed two season myself... rainy and dry. Or hurricane and not hurricane.

5 comments:

vagabond bettie said...

I have no idea who came up with that crazy fashion rule. It reminds me of the time I was in Virginia in April for a training. I went to a bar with some people and ordered a gin and tonic. One of the guys said "Hey, that's a summertime drink." HUH?

Carol said...

It's a northern thing. Generally, that's true, but not for us!

knitting pirate librarian said...

Yeah... who came up with that stupid rule anyway? And you know what's even more frustrating? Trying to go clothes shopping only to find the stores chock full of sweaters, jackets, and heavy pants. Where's the love for us tropical folk?

vagabond bettie said...

they actually fill the stores like Macy's here with winter clothes too. Very, very odd.

Chad said...

I never hate the player. Just the game. But, then, if the player just keeps coming back...

I found something on this.

Carol, if you are in Florida, you is so wrong...