Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yes, I am a b*tch... A b*tch with a blog (or 2)

Well Cheryl, we'll chalk this one up as another one for our book. Really, where do we meet these people? Do I have an a**hole/psycho magnet planted somewhere inside of me?

A couple of weekends ago I decided to go to Sanibel Island for a little weekend trip. While I was there I ended up meeting a bunch of local friendly folk. They were all really nice and a lot of fun, but one guy in particular seemed a little fond of me. Before I left he invited me to come back to the island to visit again when I had more time to stay. I had such a good time I was more than ready to go back. We exchanged phone numbers, but he didn't save mine in his phone right and ended up loosing it. So he tracked down my work phone number and called me there. I thought that was kind of nice. Nothing too weird so far. He just told me he had a good time and invited me back 2 weekend from that time.

Then ever since then, it's gone down hill. This man has been loosing points left and right. First of all, his conversations were not what I would call stimulating. I'm not sure this chap is too bright. Then to add to that fact he called WAAAYYY too much. Ok buddy, I just met you. Three calls a day is a little too much, especially since I am at work at that time. And let me give you another hint. It's not a good idea to ask a girl that you've met less than two weeks ago if she would consider moving to your island if you found her a job. But then again you were drunk... maybe you don't remember that.

So I start getting really uncomfortable at this point. Basically, by yesterday I decided that I am definitely not interested and that going for a visit was far from a good idea. Now today was the clincher. I hadn't talked to my parents for about 3 weeks now, so I gave them a call to see how they were doing. During the hour he called 9 times. I don't answer call waiting while I talk to my parents, that's just rude. So by the time I get off the phone I'm a little more than irritated. He calls again right the minute I hand up and I decided to just go ahead and put an end to it. I told him he crossed the line and I'm not interested in seeing him again. He responds by getting angry and yelling at me, which is fine. I said all I can say so I hang up.

He responds back by calling me twice right in a row which I let it go to voicemail. He leaves a message both times. He told me I was an asshole and a bitch. Well maybe that's so. But I have a blog. Now everybody knows you're a psycho :)

And one more side note... he's tried calling 7 more times since I've started writing this. Since when has dating become so risky? It's just absolutely ridiculous.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Crikey! What a scary dude. I'm glad he's on the other side of the state, though it would be better if he were on the other side of the country.

vagabond bettie said...

All I got is FUCK!
Luckily, I've never had a psycho crazy calling adventure. I'm thinking that in the future that if it happens to me that regardless of the initial "read" I get from a guy, that I answer no more than one call per day. Someone like him who starts out calling and calling gets into the expectation very quickly that you answer when they call and then you become a bitch when you pull out the stop sign. Not that it matters! Be a bitch if that's what's needed!

knitting pirate librarian said...

Yeah, I've got no problem being a bitch. Especially if it's for my own safety.

skully said...

OMG! What a rude MF freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heyfatlulu said...

Gee, can't imagine why *he's* single.
W.T.F.?????