Thursday, October 11, 2007

hee hee *snort*

I know that this really isn't that funny, but I can't stop laughing. I'm watching the evening news and they flash up this shot from a security camera. The story went something like this:


"Police need your help identifying a suspect. The man seen here in this picture taken from a security camera is wanted for questioning. The suspect went to a drive-thru of a local McDonalds and ordered over $7.00 worth of food. He refused to pay the money, insisting he only had $1.75 and that's what he would pay. When the employees refused to give him the food for $1.75, he then pulled up to the drive-thru window and forced it open. He started waving a gun around and tried stealing his bag of food. He only got away with some ketchup."

Ohhhh... Geez. I'm still laughing. I've always said that the evening news was the most entertaining thing on TV in South Florida.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Man, stealing food from McDonald's? That's desperate. But I suppose it's easier than trying to steal a to-go bag from a four-star restaurant!

vagabond bettie said...

dine 'n dash is probably way easier. I've never done it, but I could if I had to. I have it all planned out... It seems like the cards are against you in a drive thru situation... As far as what constitutes news... o.m.g. Instead of working backwards by filling an hour full of news, maybe they could report the real news for however long it takes and then show an aquarium for the rest of the time allotted. Or kitties playing.. or, or, or..

knitting pirate librarian said...

Meg Kribble said...

"Man, stealing food from McDonald's? That's desperate. "

But the funny part is, that he didn't even manage to steal the food. He missed his bag of food and ended up with a box of ketchup packets. That had me laughing for a good 20 minutes thinking about this guy holding a box of ketchup.

Could you imagine getting sent to jail for stealing some ketchup packets? All that fuss for a condiment.

QueSarah said...

LOL!!!! We are surrounded by idiots!

vagabond bettie said...

My comment is "They walk among us..." Footy on y-100 said that for years!

knitting pirate librarian said...

Just an addition to this story...

A friend of mine is an lawyer. She said that because this idiot waved a gun around, the crime automatically became a federal crime. So if this guy gets caught, he's going to get a minimum of 25 years in a federal prison....

For stealing ketchup!!!

Chad said...

I see a man-hunt for The Condiment Creap!