Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yes, I am a bitch... A bitch with a blog - Part 2

This post is a little delayed, but I just had to write about this one.

Let me tell you, people just don't get it. I give people ample warning. I mentioned several times to these girls that I have a blog or two, and I like to post. Every time I made one of these comments, all I got from them were some blank looks and some comments to each other asking why this weird girl keeps on mentioning her blogs.

Because I'm going to write and tell everyone on the internet about how stupid you are acting. Geez.

Anyway... A couple of weekends ago, we went down to my friend's house in Homestead for his birthday bash. The original plan was to spend the weekend on his boat for Columbus Day Regatta, but windy weather and the threat of thunderstorms kept us on land. So we altered our plans to just spend the weekend at Leslie's house and celebrate his birthday with a party.

Normally when we go down to Leslie's house, there is quite the assortment of personalities. Some of these people are not normally the type I would choose to spend time with, but generally most everyone is friendly and hanging out with them for a weekend is not a problem.

This time was completely different. To make a long story short, there were a total of 4 girls in the group I went down with. There were 3 other girls there who decided that we were the mortal enemy. First of all they acted like we were out to try and steal their boyfriends away and they needed to protect them. Sorry ladies, let me tell you how much that is not an issue. The other problem they had was this whole territorial thing. It's like they laid claim to Leslie's house and even Leslie himself. It really reminded me of a bunch of dogs lifting their legs and pissing on everything.

Here are just some of the things that they were doing: Giving us the stink-eye or just plain staring us down, rushing up to their boyfriends and hanging on them whenever one of us was in a 5 foot radius, pretending to have a violent cough or sneeze while actually shouting out quick little comments like "I hate her", or just plain making rude comments about one of us out loud whenever we turned our backs.

Please girls, try acting your age. All this catty behavior was ridiculous. It's completely unnecessary and all it does is creates a hostile environment for everyone around you. Just because we were the intended targets, don't think that it didn't effect the majority of the people there. I even went so far as to ask one of the girls what was going on. I got a response that resembles what I normally get out of the middle school kids that I work with. "What? Huh? I haven't noticed anything. Oh... I'll have to have a talk with her. I haven't done anything." Ok.

The whole reason I'm writing this is to just try and remind people to act civil. I'm not asking you to put me on your Christmas card list, I'm just asking you to treat other people with respect and act like adults.

And now I will hop down from my soap-box. Thank you.

No comments: