Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well, that's good to know

Being the librarian I am, I can't help but to look up information on new or interesting things I encounter. If you read my last post, I wrote about the suicidal gecko on my car. I had never seen that type of gecko before, so I wanted to try and look it up to see what kind it was.

I searched the web and found a really cool website on geckos. GeckoWeb. I browsed for geckos by region and quickly found a picture that match the little guy on my car perfectly. I started reading about him and found this out:

"They are quick to bite when annoyed, and a big adult is capable of drawing blood."

Great. And I was trying to capture this thing with my hands. Maybe it was a good thing that he ran away and hid.

Anyway, if you are a dork like me and interested in finding more out about him, here is some info on him. http://www.geckoweb.org/profile/pachydactylus-bibronii

No comments: