Thursday, July 19, 2007

I love tourists :)

Recently I've been so busy that I haven't been taking much time for myself. I've come up with this bright idea to relax a little and it's been working out wonderfully. Every time I have to work in the evening, I get up early and hit the beach by 9:00. It's so quiet and so peaceful, and VERY relaxing. It's an awesome way to spend maybe an hour or two by myself and just unwind. Except when someone comes along and interrupts your alone time

Today I have to be to work at 1:00, so I decided to go to the beach. I'm sitting on the edge of the water for about an hour and a half when I decide I need to go. I start to pack up and I see this this guy walking down the beach. He spots me, and starts heading up my way. He's got goggles on his head, the biggest grin you've ever seen, and he's sporting a.... I'll just say that he must have been pleased with the view he had he walked down the beach checking out all the girls.

As he tries to make small talk, I'm trying my hardest not to look at him or crack up. He can't figure out why I'm laughing. He also can't understand why all the other people around us seem to be laughing too. I busy myself with packing up my beach bag, and trying to not look at him. Finally he gets the hint that I won't go swimming with him like he wanted me to and he leaves. "Maybe next time", he says. Yeah, sure buddy.

And then he moved on to the next group of girls about 25 feet down the beach. Everyone in the vicinity lost it and started cracking up. As I walked off the beach, some people that witnessed the whole thing gave me a thumbs.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!! That is not a mere interruption, that was comic relief!

vagabond bettie said...

way funny! A guy at the beach here came by me the other day( no visible sign of interest,dammit). In this case, he was a local scoping out gringas. Once he found out I was a local,,,, dammit.